- 18th–20th c.
Class O is the repository of the Gale collection of manuscripts, donated to the library in 1738 by Roger Gale, the son of Dr Thomas Gale. This collection was described in 1902 by M. R. James in the preface to volume III of his catalogue of Western manuscripts in Trinity College Library which may be viewed online at https://mss-cat.trin.cam.ac.uk/manuscripts/uv/view.php?n=vol.3#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=0&xywh=-338%2C0%2C5011%2C3341. A searchable version of the James catalogue may be found online at https://mss-cat.trin.cam.ac.uk/.
The manuscripts listed in this catalogue were placed in Class O in the Wren Library on shelves not otherwise occupied by the Gale collection. They consist of a mix of single items and small archival entities, with materials which form a part of larger collections housed elsewhere. It should be noted that there are gaps in the numbering scheme of items on the shelves, and that the cataloguing of these materials is a work in progress.
Trinity College Library, Cambridge